So what is a Gamemaster? Master of Games… duh. Seriously, you will be a crucial part of our players’ experience from start to finish. Here are a few brief main duties:
• Welcome customers (take care of all payments, waivers, etc.)
• Explain the game/rules (get the players prepared for gameplay)
• Be master of the game by guiding, directing, and supervising games (you will monitor game via video screen and audio devices)
• Celebrate game successes (and failures)
• Take team pictures
• Other misc duties, like cleaning
Gone in 60 Escape Games is ….
We are in Peoria’s Warehouse District hellbent on bringing IMMERSIVE entertainment to gamers, thrill-seekers, and all lovers of fun. An escape game/room is a pretty hot trend in entertainment right now. Players are “locked” in a thematic room and must find clues to solve puzzles in order to escape before time runs out. (Get it? Gone. In. 60.)
Pretty cool, right?
On top of getting a chance to work with us (cuz we’re awesome), this position is great for those who love entertaining people and giving them a great experience before, during, and after their game. We need someone who is assertive (can command a group), up-beat (we keep it positive), tech-savvy (it helps), and can work with a flexible schedule.
1. High School Diploma, GED or equivalent is required. SCHOOL IS COOL PEOPLE
2. At least 2 years of customer service experience. SERIOUSLY, IT WILL HELP
3. Ability to multitask. YOU’LL BE ASKED TO DO THINGS SIMULTANEOUSLY…LIKE THE RUB YOUR BELLY AND PAT YOUR HEAD THING
4. Keep up with things changing. WE ARE ALL ABOUT LEARNING AND GROWING WHICH MEANS THINGS CHANGE
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and good manners. BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE LIKE THOSE KINDS OF PEOPLE
6. Strong communication skills. DO WHAT YOU SAY AND SAY IT GOODLY
7. Able to work evenings and weekends – Your schedule will be based on bookings. (We get bookings/we need you. We don’t get bookings/we won’t need you.) The range of weekly hours could be 5-25.
CAN’T STRESS THIS ENOUGH… weekends availability is needed!
Are you the one we’ve been looking for?
Hit us up below…
Hey! If you want to really impress us, show off those speaking skills in a video message and send it socially as a DM.